You’ve heard it from everyone almost as far back as you can remember, mowing a wet lawn is never a good idea. But today, let’s really examine whether or not this rings true or if it’s a myth. Of course, every old tale has some truth to it and mowing your lawn when wet is definitely a different experience from mowing when it’s dry. So the question is, is it okay to mow your lawn when wet? So let’s get to work on separating the facts and fiction of mowing a wet lawn so you can get back out in the sun and tend to your beautiful lawn.
Important Things To Know About A Wet Lawn
First, let’s cover the essentials on what you need to know about your lawn when it’s wet. After heavy rainfall, there are many good reasons why you shouldn’t mow your wet grass.
- More Cleanup: unless you want your lawn looking patchy and unattractive, there will be a hefty amount of clippings clumping up to rake up afterward.
- You might slip: it is likely you could take a fall and seriously injure yourself.
- Harder To Get Neat: The finished cut will not be neat and tidy.
Prepare To Get Messy
Now here’s the section where on a cosmetic level, where you see you definitely don’t want to be mowing a wet lawn. If you’re someone who especially doesn’t like messes pay special attention.
● Chlorophyll found in the grass is more likely to stain when wet, causing your body,
clothes, driveway, and house to end up spotted with green
● Wet grass is very sticky and when mowing sticks to the underside of the mower or even
clog the motor after clumping together making your lawnmower work way harder
● A heavier mower leaves ruts in your yard when it’s too wet.
All in all, it is never a good idea to mow your lawn when wet under any circumstance. Your best choice is to let it sunbathe until it’s dry, Afterwards, you can handle any mowing that needs to get done. This is one time that something that sounds like a strong myth is actually very painfully true. Whether it’s the risk of injury or risk to those brand new pair of jeans you own, you’ll want to wait until the lawn drys a bit because getting out there and finishing your to-do list.
If you’re looking for a professionally well-cut lawn every time, look no further than Chorbie.
So don’t hesitate and definitely contact a Chorbie expert for more information about how to
handle lawn maintenance when wet grass is present or any other of your landscaping needs.