Fall is a beautiful season that is loved by many in our local communities. One of the reasons fall is a season happily embraced by homeowners is because of the positive potential it holds for your lawn. To get the most out of your yard in the fall, you don’t want anything to get in your way. This is why you have to know all of the yard prep essentials for each weather change, especially the cool and calm fall season!
The Must-Dos Of Fall Yard Cleanup
There’s plenty of cleaning and lots of different tasks to do in the fall to get a good jump on the season.
- Starting off, your gutters are a core component of your home. You should check them consistently all throughout the fall, due to falling leaves. If your rain gutters are connected to drain pipes, this is especially important to prevent debris from clogging up your drainage. Remove any leaves, twigs, or other debris blocking the gutters from doing their job correctly.
- Next, make sure to pick up any loose debris scattered about, or weeds that are taking up space. Weeds provide the perfect place for pests to inhabit and thrive, and leaves make your yard more prone to disease, and other harmful issues. You will also want to rake your yard consistently. Don’t allow leaves to pile up and “blanket” your lawn. If you allow fallen leaves to cover your lawn, it may not seem like a bad idea. However, this causes a lot of problems for your lawn and should be avoided at all costs.
- Another way to protect your yard is by watching garden beds closely. Their foliage can potentially foster disease over the winter. Make sure to prune these areas if needed. It is also a good idea to trim any branches on trees or shrubs that are damaged, diseased, or even dead that you may have missed in the summer.
More Fall Season To-Do’s On The Checklist
- During this time of year, you can start putting up most of your tools. It’s important to make sure they are stored away properly. This way, they are safe from added wear and tear. overtime Take your time and give your tools a proper cleaning by adding a coat of oil. Doing this ensures that your tools don’t rust while waiting to be used again.
- You can also power wash your home and deck to prevent mold and mildew from growing. Once you have finished, don’t forget to add a weatherproofing stain to any wooden areas. This will guarantee that they will be protected from any possible moisture damage over the winter season.
Chorbie Can Help You Prepare Your Property For Fall
Don’t wait until it’s too late to get a jump on the season that everyone’s been waiting for. If you find yourself short on time, or just need some help around the house with cleaning up for fall, give Chorbie a call today. Our experts are always willing to lend a helping hand and accomplish whatever task is on your list. Contact us now for more information about how we can help you keep the outside of your home looking its best!