It’s that time of year again! Start to dust off the barbeque grill and plan for loved ones to gather in the backyard. We might be quarantined, but we can still have an amazing backyard event with family at home.
Creating the perfect barbeque takes more than just cooking tasty food for everyone to eat, it is about the experience! Planning and making the proper preparations is imperative in ensuring your night is perfect for everyone. We give you yard tips to create a great time for everyone invited.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FIRST IMPRESSION
You want to create an inviting and fun atmosphere for your friends and family to enjoy their evening. To do so you must prepare the area to allow people to have a party-like experience. Here are some must-do chores to make a good impression:
- Get rid of any weeds, this gives your yard a clean look.
- Prep the lawn by cutting the shrubs back as well as trim the grass to give your home a maintained and welcoming feel.
- Rake up any mowed grass and shrubbery so it doesn’t get on people’s feet and cause itching or discomfort.
- Water your lawn to give it a healthy glow, but make sure to do so at least 48 hours before your event so the ground isn’t wet.
- Bring color to your yard by planting flowers and placing planted pots in the area.
- Arrange tables where you can have shade from the hot Texas sun.
- Lastly, don’t forget the music!
Get Rid Of Unwanted Guests
Although pests look for a good time at a family BBQ as well, you want to ensure they aren’t going to bug your friends and family. Fire ants can be a real issue, especially when people are hanging out in the backyard, throwing the football and playing yard games. Fire ants are extremely aggressive and if the mound is disturbed they will attack.
You can easily treat fire ant mounds by using liquid insecticide poured into the mound. Be sure to treat the whole mound and pour enough volume of the liquid to kill the queen. Always follow the label on the product you are purchasing, and never divert from the label.
Fire ant bait also works wonders for mounds that may be hard to find. The workers find the bait and bring it back to the larvae for conversion into edible, liquid food. Eventually, the pesticide passes on to the queen and then ultimately the rest of the colony.
Having a fun and relaxing bbq is easily obtainable by following these simple steps. Chorbie is here to help with anything you need to prepare for a great evening, from lawn maintenance to pest removal, give us a call if you need assistance. Contact a Chorbie expert about how to prepare for a barbeque as well as any other additional sought-after information regarding our many services.