Ensuring a well-maintained and properly functioning lawnmower is a priority for any homeowner in Texas. One vital chore that comes along with owning a lawnmower is cleaning the air filter to guarantee your mower remains in good condition. Cleaning your lawn mower’s air filter isn’t an easy task for everyone, so let’s take a look at the process.
Lawn Mower Maintenance
Cleaning your lawnmower’s air filter is more beneficial than you may expect. It is the first line of defense against debris when operating your lawnmower. Air filter cleanliness improves performance and increases the life of your lawnmower, essentially minimizing any possible short and/or long-term issues. Air filters come in many different styles. Therefore, it is imperative to know what style air filter your lawnmower has to successfully locate it. Typically, you can find it near the top of the engine, covered with a metal or plastic shroud secured by a snap fitting or screw.
Steps To Cleaning Lawn Mower Air Filter
- When cleaning the air filter, start by turning off the engine and making sure all moving parts within the lawnmower have stopped.
- Once this is complete, disconnect the spark plug wire and remove the air filter cover.
- Clean the foam pre-cleaner with compressed air or rinse it with water, cleaner, diesel, or gas.
- Once rinsed, be sure to dry. Now you’re ready to remove the used paper filter and dispose of it.
- Install the new air filter and replace the air filter cover to protect it.
- Lastly, reconnect the spark plug wire to reconnect everything.
Remember to never operate your lawnmower with an air filter or pre-cleaner as it will cause serious engine damage. In addition, always replace the paper filter with a new one instead of attempting to clean it.
Give Us A Call!
Cleaning your lawnmower’s air filter is a quick and easy process once you get the hang of it. Plus, it is great for the overall health of your mower. Life often gets busy and it becomes impossible to complete much-needed chores. Fortunately, that is why Chorbie is here. Contact us if you are having trouble with changing your lawnmower’s air filter contact Chorbies professionals today for assistance and information.