Pre-emergents are a primary and effective tool in weed control for every homeowner. Getting the most out of these useful products is critical in regards to proper lawn care and maintenance. It’s important for homeowners to learn how pre-emergents can take action in your yard to help protect it from pesky weeds. Afterward, you’ll have no question why it should be utilized in your lawn care weed control strategy.
Pre-Emergents: How It Works
To help you better understand just how pre-emergents work, let’s take a look at the facts.
- Starting off, pre-emergent herbicide weed killer does exactly what its name suggests. Its sole purpose is directed at stopping weeds that have not yet emerged from your lawn’s soil.
- It works by creating chemical barriers in the upper layer of your soil that is then absorbed by emerging seedlings.
- However, targeted weeds will only be killed once they begin to sprout from the seed and clash with the herbicide treatment.
- In some cases, it is possible for a few seeds to remain dormant, and not be eliminated by the herbicide treatment.
This is a perfect example of why battling weeds in your lawn can be an ongoing struggle. It has to be a consistent effort to truly discourage unsightly weeds and overgrowth. It is also a good idea to consider annual pre-emergent herbicide treatments for the best overall prevention. Additionally, it is imperative that the herbicide treatment is mixed correctly in order to remain effective.
Applying Pre-Emergents Properly
- You should always read the manufacturer’s instructions before each use. This will prevent you from wasting your time and money in the long run. It can also save you from any self-made damage to your lawn.
- When applying the solution, don’t pace around and pick specific spots to spray. You will need to spray an effective blanket across your entire lawn to be sure that weed seeds don’t germinate. After applying the treatment, you must water your lawn for the solution to be absorbed, or you can allow rainfall to do this task for you.
If you do decide to seed and use pre-emergent in your lawn within the same season it’s fine, but you should do so with caution. Always be sure to read each label to ensure that treatment is completed properly, and in order to keep your lawn safe from harm.
Lawn Care And Treatment From Chorbie
Now that you know the benefits that pre-emergents can provide your lawn, adding them to your lawn care routine should be a no-brainer. Here at Chorbie, we make maintaining a healthy lawn simple and easy. Our experts are on standby and ready to answer any questions that you may have. Contact us today to get started on your next outdoor project. Let us lead your lawn to a brighter future today!
But how do they actually work and keep weeds out of your lawn? This is how!